Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend Observations for 09/26/05

When you schedule a service call for certain cable companies (all of them?) between 8am and 10am it really means after 11am. Also you are not capable of attaching a coax cable to a cable box (otherwise why would we need to schedule an appt with you stupid ass?). I have attached cables to boxes for years. There is nothing like a properly attached cable. How complicated can the box be? Anyone who has seen a box before knows how it works and what to do to make it work for you. Am I still talking about Cable TV?

The Raiders are tough. Being a fan of the Raiders is tougher this year than most. Everyone picks them to lose every week, and odds are that in most cases they will be right. The difficult part is that the Raiders are in all these games. On Sunday they tied it up against the Eagles with 3 minutes to go when their defense broke down and the Eagles drove the ball down the field just to have a gimp come out and kick a winning field goal. My heart was pounding, I was all sweaty, the tension was high and then at the big climax I was spent and ashamed. I don't know how many more of these I can take because I am not getting any younger. I am talking about Football right?

The Cold Case season opener last night was nothing too great, until the end. I read this article in entertainment weekly talking about how all these TV shows end with a montage of images set to music. Like a cool music video, but EW asked when it will no longer be in fashion to do this. Cold Case is usually a terrific show but last night I was left unsatisfied because the mystery was just blah. Then the end comes where they roll out "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel as you see the pictures of the characters as they hug, as they are locked up in jail, as they look today, as they looked when the murder occurred and then the final recognition of the dead guy but Det Rush at the end. Damn that makes me all tingly just thinking about it. It was a great music video but just a so-so show.

You don't notice people whispering around you when you are in the IN Crowd. Do you? Are you in or out? Do you spend a lot of time in the IN Group? Do you prefer to be in or do you like it when you are out? Maybe you like being out and then going in and then getting back out again just to be welcomed back in? Sometimes being in is the best.

No comments: