Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bad Week

Ever have one of those weeks when you feel like a dark cloud is following you around?

This week is one of those for me. You think that everything you touch will break. Whatever you try to do will be a failure. The feeling of frustration and paranoia that you are not capable of doing anything right and you are incompetent and others know it. I ask myself what I did wrong that I deserve such problems?

Maybe if I had donated to Hurricane Katrina Aid?
So if I had donated to this one cause then I would be ok? All the money I have donated through the year (part of which was when I was without a job) to other good causes means nothing because I didn't donate to this cause? Everyone else in the country donated but I didn't so I am destined to break everything I touch and fail every task I attempt? Maybe if I had just purchased a kayak and paddled out to the survivors in New Orleans to rescue them my freezer wouldn't have broken this morning?

Maybe if I hadn't been slacking on my workouts for the past week? My stupid mind could tie my guilt for not working out the last week to bad karma which results in bad luck? When you are in a bad way and frustrated your mind plays tricks on you.

Don't worry, I am not insane, I am just having a bad week.

Really glad I was able to share it with you.

And it's only Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are just a horrible, evil person who doesn't deserve anything good.

Maybe you ate children for breakfast in a previous life.

Shit, man, life is hard. Get used to it. Pick up The Road Less Traveled, and read it, that was the best thing I ever did.

mk

Anonymous said...

Oh, and we love you, by the way!