Thursday, November 27, 2008

What are you thankful for?

For the most part my blog is about me. It's about my thoughts my feelings my adventures and my trials. But today I want it to be about you.

I want the few out there who regularly read my blog (and I know it's a small bunch) to open up your hearts and minds and tell me what you are thankful for.

As those of you who have good reading comprehension know this is the day two years ago when my Dad left this earth. At first I thought it was sad that I didn't realize he was my hero until he died but today I honor him as I do everyday as being the guy who gave me the guidance to find the wisdom I have today. I love you DAD and you will always be in my heart and mind.

Some things I am thankful for:
  • My beautiful, caring, fun and adventurous wife Nina. She makes my sun rise in the morning and makes even the most diffcult day one of love and to be remembered.
  • My friends and family who have supported me and enriched my life
  • The challenges that life has brought me that keep me ever learning, ever growing
  • The folks who produce the Syrah, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel especial in Santa Ynez and Paso Robles
  • Opie & Anthony - they keep me sane and make me laugh through the longest day at work
  • My Poker Buddies
The list is endless for me. I am very thankful for what I have and what I am.

It interesting to note that for the last 3+ years I have worked in a less than positive environment, for and with people that are selfish and jealous, never understanding why I am a victim to this situation.

I think I figured out why on this day of thanks.

I was put in a hostile, negative environment to open my eyes to the joys I have outside of work. To cherish that which makes up my life and does not dictate it. To appreciate that it's those who I love and care about and choose to spend my time with that matter, no matter if it's a small percentage of my time spent of earth. It makes this quality time more special to me.

Now that I have reached this catharsis it is time to MOVE ON!

I encourage your comments. Don't be shy! Let your voice be heard!

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for hulu.com and watch-movies.net for making television/movies free without cable...

I am thankful for old and new friends. Old & New family members! Ryder J Huch

I am thankful to be in school at such an economic crisis. But no other time would be better I guess.

I am thankful for trader joes cheap wine. dollar pizza and nice bathrooms at school with fuel injected jet hand dryers.

I am thankful for moving forward in life than feeling like I was stuck @ home forever with mom&pops. Yes, I'm finally out.

I am thankful for New York Women. They are a treat.

Poor Mommy said...

Hey dude, I'm sorry about your Dad. Your Dad was a gentleman and a scholar and his ability to touch lives was one of his graces. He taught a bunch of snotty college kids a little of what it takes to be in a business that is selfish and ridiculous with such calm that I'm surprised he didn't smack us all up side the head 'cause God knows we deserved it.
What am I grateful for? That I live in a country that has discovered that everyone isn't one colour and that we with multiple racial harmonies exist. Obama can't solve all the problems overnight and he's even said as much but at least he has something in common with me for more than the Tina Fey look alike from Alaska.
What I am I grateful for? That we have a rented roof over our heads that isn't going to be taken away from us because our landlord gambled stupidly. That my husband's company hasn't gambled with their VC funds so that there will be a paycheck in two weeks. That despite the fact I've had five full nights of sleep in three years, I've got some semblance of health. That my toddler may piss me off and may make me consider selling him on eBay some times, but he's also the greatest love of my life. Sorry, Husband. You're a close tie.
What am I grateful for? That I've gotten a chance to touch base with people that were a huge part of my life at different parts: high school, college, childhood, worklife, parenthood...

Anonymous said...

i'm thankful for my family's health, my wife, my friends, the quality of life I have and I owe this all to this great Country! -julio

Anonymous said...

I'm nothing special, in fact Im a bit of a bore.

If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before.

But I have a talent, a wonderful thing -
because everyone listens when I start to sing!

Im so grateful and proud;

All I want is to sing it out loud.

So I say:

Thank you for the music; the songs I'm singing!

Thanks for all the joy they're bringing!

Who can live without it; I ask in all honesty - what would life be?

Without a song or a dance, what are we?

So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great post, Jamse. We need to plan a return-to-Vegas trip!