Thursday, November 06, 2008

Obama Day 2

Thanks to Howard Stern we have some audio that validates my conclusion that people do not vote based on the issues. And perhaps they only voted based on skin color.

Also the dude is like only a quarter black but clearly the black community loves him.

Enjoy: Why Are You Voting for Obama?

Looks like Wall Street doesn't like him so far (take tongue, insert into cheek)

Before you pass me off as a right-wing conservative I would point out the following:
  • I support gay marriage
  • I support a women's right to choose
  • I support stem cell research
But I aint no dummy, dummy

And in support of the coming together of the United States under President Obama when I get home tonight I plan to find my neighbors yappy kick-around dog and sacrifice him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fact check:

The top 1% of wage-earners took in 22% of all income but paid over 40% of all taxes, according to the most recently available date (2006.)

The top 5% paid 60% of taxes.

That's right, the lower 95% of wage-earners paid LESS in absolute dollars, on an aggregate basis, than the top 5%.

It may be true that the top 5% also gets the most tax breaks, so as a percentage of income their effective tax rate may appear to be lower than that of someone earning less.

Conversely, "Big Oil" is making gobs of money in absolute terms, but on a percentage basis their net margins are nowhere near "windfall profit" levels. Compare them to that of Google - how about a windfall tax on internet companies?

So there's the inconsistency with the Obama arguments on taxation: he uses percentages when it's politically convenient (soak the rich) and absolutes when it's otherwise politically convenient (tax the oil companies.)

All in the name of "fairness."