Thursday, December 11, 2008

Birthday

It's just another birthday for me. After the many that have passed in my life the process becomes rather routine. But there are a few attributes to good a birthday.

  1. Any birthday that includes a party is a good one. I don't much like getting presents (at least not as much as when I was a spoiled kid) but I like spending time with my friends and family on such an occasion. And when the only person in my life who has EVER been able to surprise me succeeds, well it makes it all that more fun.
  2. Birthdays celebrated in Vegas are always cool because you hope that you will be extra lucky. Not as such for me at the online poker table last night. Vegas is great for birthdays because you can let loose, drink too much, and no one will be the wiser.
  3. When your company gives you the day off for your birthday, it's always a good birthday. I don't know why more companies don't do this as it makes people feel like their employers care about them eventhough they clearly don't.
  4. A birthday that lands on a Friday or Saturday is always better than birthdays during the work week because no matter how much fun they are you always know that tomorrow you have to come back to this stinking place.
  5. Birthdays when you are kid and your parents are not divorced are probably the best birthdays. They are almost magical sometimes. It's on a day like today especially that I miss my Mom & Dad. They were gems.
To all those out there that have birthdays may your birthday be great

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that Sara is back in Alaska, doomed to a life of he-man sled-dog racing and pickled herring, I've been wondering how my bedroom life would be impacted. No more lonely nights spent in front of the television with my favorite purple vibe watching that delicious brunette while Bill is off being Bill.

So I was more than thrilled to find out earlier today that the equally delicious Caroline Kennedy wants my old Senate seat. Sure she's a democrat so she's not as "taboo", but hell, she's hot! And a Kennedy! I'll give her my "seat" any day - preferably from behind with a strap-on!

Yum yum yum.

And I'll make her call me "Madame Secretary" while we play "White House."

Oh yeah, it's going to be a fun four years!

By the way, happy birthday kid.