Monday, September 29, 2008

Raider Nation Rise From The Ashes

The Raiders are a great three quarter team. They have shown since the disaster of Week 1 that they can be competitive as long as they are balanced. Had the injuries to their running back corps and an important O-Line member not occurred undoubtedly they would be 3 and 1. The fact is that all teams deal with injuries and the Raiders have already shown that they can adapt to change it just takes a little time.

I am a homer for the Raiders, they have been my team since I was a kid and I have experienced the most exciting moments in sports watching them over the years. I remember the good old days when they were regularly on top and in the playoffs and thinking to myself when they beat the Redskins in the Superbowl "where do we go from here?" Like my use of the royal "We"?

It just seemed to me that the joy of victory required the struggle to get there for it to mean anything. If the team is in the playoffs every year and just misses the big game by a playoff game or two and in a subsequent season gets there and wins, does it mean the same as a team that finishes among the last 5 teams for 5 years straight? What did i wish on my team?

The Raiders really are a talented and young team and I know that "Big Al" sees this. I believe the reason Lane Kiffen is still the head coach is because Al sees how the team has grown from week to week. It makes me sick that the coaching controversy continues and I wish Al would put out a press release saying that Kiffin's job is secure and call the dogs off. Al you don't want Lane to take his talent and apply it to a rival team like Shanahan & Gruden did. Or have you forgotten the Raiders last Superbowl appearance? Firing a good coach mid-season is always a mistake and Lane Kiffin is a good coach.

So here comes that crazy prediction from the Raider's homer:

The Raiders will be in the Playoffs this season.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sacked Kiffin. So there.
Best,
Al

James said...

AL you're like 100 years old. Give it up already.

I stick by my prediction.

James said...

Here is someone who agrees with my take on Lane Kiffin. Al Davis is a douche.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Don-t-Count-On-It-Al-Davis-being-right-Seattle;_ylt=AgyEv1ib3FK7fe7TKAFalVtDubYF?urn=nfl,111778

Anonymous said...

GO DODGERS!

Anonymous said...

GO FREAKING DODGERS!

James said...

Here's a funny line from the National Football Post:

SIX: Kiffin’s Cell- Former Raider’s coach Lane Kiffin has been talking via phone to his old quarterback, JaMarcus Russell, giving him advice (and probably looking for some free visors to play golf in). Come on, this stuff just keeps getting better and better each week. Next week, Kiffin will call new coach Tom Cable and tell him that the owner is tough to work for.

GO RAIDERS!!!