Monday, January 05, 2009

Random Thoughts to Start 2009

Everyone is telling me "I hope this year is better than last" and to be honest it doesn't feel different to me. After a nice two week vacation I am back at my crappy job doing the same crappy stuff. I do plan to transform myself but it's got nothing to do the change in the date.

Are you supposed to tip the guy that shuttles you from the car dealer? What about the one that brings your car out when it's done? I didn't today and I have never before but I got the feeling that someone was looking for a tip. In Oregon it's against the law to pump your own gas so they have attendants to do the job. Since I was there in the cold and snow I felt bad for them so I tipped them nicely. My nephew told me the locals never tip. My nephew works at Starbucks and the workers there depend a lot on tips taken in. So I am rethinking my policy about tipping because I currently think that pouring a cup of coffee is not something that requires a tip. But then again I never get them fancy steamed, swirled, syrup heavy coffee drinks. I only drink black coffee.

I think my wife might be a fart whisperer. When we are awake and I fart she will complain as expected but lately I have discovered that if she is asleep and I fart (as I often do during my morning stretch) that she will comment. It's usually a complaining "mmmm" but the fact that she responds to each and every fart makes me think that there is some kind of communication going on.

Ass: These lactaid pills are great, I can eat dairy and digest it much easier.
Wife: I noticed that you seem healthier and you are ready to shout it out to the world!

Ass: You got that right! I am taking Lactaid 4 - LIFE!
Wife: It's cool that your farts don't smell that bad too. Maybe you can start eating bananas again?

Ass: That would be great! My tummy loves bananas and since I fart already the fact that bananas make me fart won't be noticed.
Wife: And they are a great source of A & D as well as potassium

Maybe I am reading too much into this?

Toward the end of the two week christmas adventure we spend a couple of days in Napa. It has been many years since we actually stayed in Napa and I was looking forward to checkout out what was new. I found that Napa is more a place to eat than for wine. Most of the wines we sampled just didn't have the robust complex flavors that I expect. I was a bit disappointed. The highlight of the trip for me was a visit to the Napa Valley Grill for lunch. I will discuss this visit in specifics in the future post. Stay tuned!

My Ass just told me it's time to get back to work so I will bid you adieu.

Happy New Year

No comments: