Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thinking my way thru the morning commute

Sitting in Traffic you get to thinking.

I would like to invent a device like the remote that turns off TVs in airports that would do the same to cellphones on the road. 80% of the people I see on the freeway are talking on the phone while driving. It is very frustrating when you are stuck behind some idiot concetrating on the phone more than the road and holding you up in the fast lane. If I had a device to turn that puppy off I would turn my frown upside down. Criss cross applesauce that buddies!

I travel the 91 west every morning to work and the best days to commute are when there is an accident on the 91 east of where I pick it up (Magnolia Blvd). I wouldn't wish that anyone be in an accident but wouldn't it be cool if there was a service that could create a disruption in the area behind you so that you could avoid traffic? A group of guys dressed in reflective vests jump out of a truck and start coning the freeway east of me down to one lane. Sweet.

I am back to considering a Hybrid vehicle for my next purchase because the price difference between the Escape Hybrid and the regular Escape is $3000 and not $10000 like it is for other hybrids. The thing is I try to avoid traveling slower that 40 mph and it is at the lower speeds that you really get the savings over the gas engine. Also I need to determine if in fact running the air requires the gas engine to kick in all the time and if I need to run the air all the time.

The best thing about my commute is listening to Opie & Anthony. Recently they had a comedian named Patrice on talking about how he needed to teach his girlfriend how to be a friend. She knew how the to be his girl, but she didn't know how to be his buddy like one of the guys. Opie & Anthony were tight lipped about this, guess they didn't want to ruffle anyone's feathers. The bottom line is that women are not your friends. They are sexy, sweet and wonderful companions but they will never be "your buddy". You can't go to a bar with your girl and talk about the rack on this one, or the ass on that one. At the same time you don't want to hang out with your girl checking out guys packages (do they even do that?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you always think with your dick? Men and women can't be friends? What the hell is your problem? You're married, right? Why isn't your wife your best friend? Why isn't your wife the person you lust after every night? Why do you feel the need to lust after other women? Is your wife not good enough for you? Clearly you have problems... you're such a loser....

If I read any more of this site I'm going to turn into a loser.