Monday, January 24, 2005

Hello Moto!

After two years of dependability I washed my Motorola T720 into oblivion. Having had both Nokia and Motorola Phones I found that Motorolas to be better, the Nokia I had started malfunctioning within the first couple of months. Had I not left my T720 in my pants in the washer I am sure it would still be functioning fine.

If you look through the phones available these days it's a sorry looking field. All the Motorolas have all the features that interest me and they all get bad raps. Many reviews I have seen say that the phone just shuts down, or crashes and you have to take the battery out to reset the whole thing. When looking at the recommend phones, Samsung & Nokia, they are either expensive ($200+) or very large.

I have had t-mobile for a while and like the service and the cost and my intention is to stay with them. I hoped to reactivate through Amazon and get one of those rebates that ends up giving me money for buying the phone once the rebate is processed (a hassle). But I found that unless I changed from t-mobile to another carrier I do not qualify for the amazon special rebate. If I sign up for another year with t-mobile I can purchase a phone at a t-mobile store and qualify for the discounts new customers receive and I can do the mail in rebate if one applies.

So I am checking out the phones and the ones that the salesman recommends I hate. I didn't care much for the salesman either. Just then a girl comes in with her mom and asks if she can return her phone because she is having problems. I asked her what phone she purchased and she pointed at the very Motorola phone I wanted to purchase (V180). I debated this for about 15 minutes and decided to take my chances and buy the Motorola ($50).

So we will see how it goes.

2 comments:

James said...

I saw a guy reading the newspaper on the freeway the other day holding up traffic. The idea of reading and or writing while I am driving seems a little unsafe.

Anonymous said...

and oh pick me is f-ing dangerous as he DOES IT ALL THE TIME!!!
Course even out of the car, why should driving be any different.

At risk, help me.
Deanna