Friday, June 13, 2008

So you think I can write?

I've been told I have the writing chops but I guess it's the reader to decide.

Since it's "so you think you can dance" season and my wife and are big fans of the show (american idol who?) I see it an interesting subject to comment on. Each year we are treated with some very talented dancers but it seems to me that what makes this show so great is when the music, choreography, and dance come together in such a way that it's a heart felt moving experience.

Such was the case the other night when Katee and Joshua danced to the Jordan Sparks/Chris Brown tune "No Air". These two dancers portrayed the emotional side effects of a broken relationship in such a way that it spoke to my heart, brought a tear to my eye. Choreographers Tabitha & Napoleon did a superb job providing the framework for Katee & Joshua to hip hop their way through pain and joy of relationship. A truely amazing performance.

My Mom and Dad were such big fans of dance and now that they are gone I feel, when I see a performance that reaches into my soul, reconnected to them. I wish that when they were alive I had the passion they had for dance that I could have shared this with them. Hopefully I am sharing it with them here.

Mom - I still feel that tingle on the back of my neck
Dad - Do you get to hear Amy Winehouse up there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No no no.