Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Numbers

I felt the warmth of my friends and family around me and it helped to ease the blow of what had happened but there was still emptiness. I am still in shock; I can’t get over the fact that he is gone. Sure the support is great but if I am looking for closure I didn’t find it. Though I think this event may be a step in the right direction but I still feel lost.

In my dreams that night I saw my Dad for the first time since his death. I don’t know why it took nearly two weeks for him to show up in my dreams but there he was. I saw a vivid image of him pointing to numbers on a telephone. Telling me to remember these numbers. I found myself repeating them in my head, making sure I didn’t forget and telling myself that I can’t forget to write them down when I awake.

The following day I felt as though a dark cloud was above my head. No longer did I have the open house preparation at the forefront of my mind, keeping it busy. Now all that was left was loss, emptiness and those 11 numbers. I wish I knew what those numbers meant. I looked them up as though they were a phone number and found they referenced a couple in Michigan, the Templins.

How strange would it be for me to call the Templins up and find out if they knew my Dad?

How amazing would it be if they had some connection?

How terrific would it be if they could help me find answers to the questions and doubts that invade my head?

I haven’t called.

No comments: