Friday, April 01, 2005

Wilson Creek Winery

Wilson Creek was bustling with activity.

Sampling here was 5 tastings for 7 dollars with an extra $3 for a tasting of the chocolate port that comes in a small chocolate cup.

The wines here are good with the highlight being the White Cabernet. I have never tasted a white wine made from Cabernet grapes and it was quite tasty. It was one of the most unique wines I have had and it made for an instant sale. Other highlights were the Almond Champagne and the Chocolate Port. The Champagne had a great Almond aroma and taste, unique and delicious. The Port was good summer style port. There was not a strong chocolate flavor but was very light a airy.

I think the fact that they had tip jars on the bar was tacky. The staff was friendly and I did tip but after spend $10 to taste should I have to pay the server?

No comments: